Call it a spade
“We have put our country into a big mess because of greed, selfishness and corruption. How can one individual have 5 private vehicles, 11 compounds, 20 compounds, and expensive jewelry? That is injustice. You should question yourself with honesty how you got all these wealth. Let nobody fool you. God will never accept wealth that is obtained through corruption, nepotism...But, when you get it in honesty, he will. You may escape the commission on this earth, but nobody can escape God’s commission on the Day of Judgment. When we repent for our bad deeds, God will forgive. But when you continue doing bad deeds, He will never accept it.”
Those were the words of Imam Baba Leigh. I take issue with his generalization of the population... cum "we". Until the time that people in his position call Yaya Jammeh what he is... a thief and murderer nothing will change in that country. I mean why not call a spade a spade? Yaya... ten years ago makes a little over fifty dollars a months. How is he able to amass millions of dollars in ten years? If that is not corruption, thievery and robbery then what is? The pandemic is his fault.
Click here to read the rest of his Eid sermon on this issue.
Call it a spade
- ► 2011 (22)
- ► 2008 (20)
- ► 2007 (37)
- ► 2006 (89)
- ► 2005 (156)
- Junk Yard Barcelona Metropolitan transport is d...
- Call it a spade “We have put our country into a...
- Bantaba The Gambian online community is getting...
- Crime on the riseGambian society under Yahya Jamme...
- Four more years Results of yesterdays electio...
- <?xml:namespace prefix = v /><?xml:namespace prefi...
- Kerry Landslide? The polls are too close at the...
- Émigré Abdoulie Jallow has written a masterpie...
- ▼ November (8)