Barcelona Metropolitan transport is dumping 74 used Pegaso buses on the Gambian tax payer. Yes dumping is the right word. These are vehicles that won't pass emission tests in the western world and will not be allowed to run. With the kind of roads we have in the Gambia, these buses will not last. The environmental degradation that will follow as they go to fallow will be insurmountable.You will assume that our knuckle heads will realise that, but that is asking too much of yaya and his cronies.... the mental midgets parading as leaders.
Click here to see what Pegaso buses look like and the road conditions they are assembled to ply.
Now imagine that vehicle running on the Brikama-basse highway. How many trips do you think it will make? There was a time in the Gambia when MAN bus ruled. Critics can say whatever they want about doctor Jawara...but the fact remains that Gambia during his rein is heaven compared to our resident dictator's.
- ► 2011 (22)
- ► 2008 (20)
- ► 2007 (37)
- ► 2006 (89)
- ► 2005 (156)
- Junk Yard Barcelona Metropolitan transport is d...
- Call it a spade “We have put our country into a...
- Bantaba The Gambian online community is getting...
- Crime on the riseGambian society under Yahya Jamme...
- Four more years Results of yesterdays electio...
- <?xml:namespace prefix = v /><?xml:namespace prefi...
- Kerry Landslide? The polls are too close at the...
- Émigré Abdoulie Jallow has written a masterpie...
- ▼ November (8)