Bill Frist is going to participate in a big anti-filibuster telecast, sponsored by the Family Research Council, in which Democratic opposition to President Bush's most conservative judicial appointments will be cast as a Democratic war against believing Christians.
A flier advertising the event refers to "the filibuster against people of faith" and says: "The filibuster was once abused to protect racial bias, and it is now being used against people of faith."
I don't know which is more amusing...the wingnut jihad against a federal judiciary that is already predominantly Republican or the fact that the intellectual and often literal descendents of the upholders of Jim Crow now seek to enlist the dark legacy of segregation as some sort of arrow in their rhetorical quiver.
How much do we have to endure so that this guy (Frist) can run for president?
Read Americablogs posting on this here
- ► 2011 (22)
- ► 2008 (20)
- ► 2007 (37)
- ► 2006 (89)
- NADD (National Alliance for Democracy & Developmen...
- Now this
- What’s Happening? Remember that slogan, “Say nice...
- Pardon the interruption. The Daily Observer Links...
- Gullible? “So a new era dawned and we witnessed a...
- Victims Republicans have seemingly adopted the ta...
- Theocracy Bill Frist is going to participate in a...
- Bubba to the rescue? Former President Bill Clinton...
- Save the Gambia Democracy Project. Pledge drives ...
- Witch-hunt President Jammeh said: “We may not be ...
- ▼ April (11)